EXID Bird Scare Gun DIY servicing and maintenance in 7 simple steps Bird Scarer DIY servicing and maintenance in 7 simple steps
Adelaide Hills Gas recommend regular maintenance to your EXID Bird Scare Gun to reduce wear and tear and to keep them operating safely and correctly.
We would suggest the following steps to be done at least once a season however if your EXID Bird Scare Gun is exposed to extreme weather i.e. temperatures above 30 degrees or sandy conditions this should be done more frequently.
- Ensure the ground covering around the bird scarer is clean/clear
- Inspect gas hose for wear and cracking. After time the hose ends will stretch. It is best these are cut off and re-clamped as required.
- Inspect the gas cylinder for damage and gas leaks.
- Check all connections are tight.
- Inspect for any damage to the scare gun itself
- Check unit is operating correctly.
- Clean and oil unit –REMOVE LP GAS CYLINDER FROM THE BRID SCARER. THEN PULL OFF THE HOSE UNDER THE TIMING WHEEL TO REALEASE ANY BUILD UP OF GAS IN THE SCARE GUN.
- Oil all working parts that are under part number 35 (cover) and part number 917 (back shield) with engine oil in an oil can.
- It is important the hammer- Part number 908 is well lubricated as well as part number 308-305 and part number 314- these are some of the main working components within the scare gun.
- Using an air compressor clean all areas of the gun, leaving it free of dirt, sand and any other foreign matters.
- Whilst the back shield of the scare gun is off it is a good idea to remove and clean the jets- part number 85. You will need to do this with a .7mm drill piece as air simply won’t shift anything inside the jet.
- Ensure Part number 340D/S (lock nut and gland nut) are firmly tightened making the handle firm to turn and free of any gas leaks.
We recommend a major service of your scare gun/s at least every 12 months – 2 years.
This can be done at our store direct or at one of our current approved repair agents- PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR FURTHER DETAILS. www.adelaidehillsgas.com.au